Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What is a Chewy Mommy?

I've been sitting on this idea for a while. A blog dedicated to the Chewy Mommy. The term "crunchy" is pretty well used. It refers to a person who does everything in a natural way. Homemade everything (food, cleaners, soaps), extended breastfeeding, babywearing, organic eating, cloth diapering, natural birth, home school, no vaccination and the list could go on and on.

I have found that for myself, and for many other mommies, we pick and choose what crunchy things and what mainstream things we do in our lives. Maybe you cloth diaper, but send the older kids to public school. Or make your own laundry soap but watch a lot of TV. I think think the best thing my midwife ever told me (because yes, I had a homebirth) is "everything in moderation, including moderation".


 


Some things I have planned for this blog:
  • instructions on some of the homemade household items I use
  • recopies as I learn myself (cooking is something I struggle with)
  • a series on plus size babywearing
  • my journey in cloth diapering (just now starting!)
  • baby led weaning
  • my homebirth story
 I can't wait to get things going. First DIY post on homemade deodorant coming tomorrow! If there is anything you would like to see please feel free to let me know. Also, be on the look out for a Chewy Mommy Facebook and Pinterest pages coming soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment